Turkish Citizenship Eligibility
The first point we want to mention is that the citizens of all countries of the world can apply for citizenship through the Citizenship by Investment in Turkey. However, since there is a limitation on "purchasing real estate" for passport holders of some countries, the citizens of these countries cannot apply for Turkish citizenship by "purchasing real estate". They should consider other forms of investment in Turkey, such as depositing $500K in the bank, Hiring 50 workers, Investing Corporate Capital, Government Debt Instruments etc.
Who cannot buy real estate in Turkey? Citizens of the following 4 countries cannot buy real estate in Turkey in any circumstances according to Turkish Law. These countries are;
1- North Korea
The following countries, which are neighbors of Turkey, cannot purchase real estate from the Turkish cities where they have borders. But they are allowed to buy from other provinces.
As an example;
- Iraq – cannot purchase in Şırnak and Hakkari
- Iran – cannot purchase in Hakkari, Van, Ağrı, Iğdır
- Georgia – cannot purchase in Artvin and Ardahan
- Azerbaijan – cannot purchase in Iğdır
- Bulgaria – cannot purchase in Edirne and Kırklareli
- Greece – cannot purchase in Egean and Marmara Sea side cities of Turkey
Except for the limitations above, all countries’ citizens can purchase real estate from anywhere in Turkey.
If we need to examine the whole process under the titles, we can list them as follows.
- Real Estate Investment
- Bank Deposit
- Capital Investment
- Government Debt Instruments
- Real Estate Investment Fund
- Obtaining a Tax Number
- Investment Valuation Report
- Three Years Holding Commitment
- Certificate of Conformity
- Turkish Residence Permit
- Turkish Citizenship